Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Greek shrimp with rice pilaf and green beans


My kids love shrimp so I made a recipe I did last month when I did What's Cooking on News 12. The kids devoured the shrimp and we had to claim a few for ourselves before they ate the all!

Here's my recipe for easy and delicious Greek Shrimp.

1 bag frozen, peeled, cleaned and deveined uncooked shrimp
Juice from 1 lemon
1 tsp. Greek seasoning
3 tbs. olive oil
3 cubes frozen garlic
Kosher salt and pepper

Preheat oven to broil. Move an oven rack to the top third of the oven.

Defrost shrimp in a bowl of hot water for 2 minutes. While shrimp defrost, combine lemon juice, Greek seasoning, 2 tbs. olive oil, garlic, salt and pepper in a bowl. Add shrimp to bowl and toss to coat. Add shrimp to an aluminum lined cookie sheet and broil 2 minutes per side.

3 comments:

janelle said...

my kiddos adore shrimp! What do you include in your Greek seasoning. How fun, I use the same recipe but use Italian seasoning!!

Toad's Lair said...

Thanks for this recipe! I just recently discovered Cavender's greek seasoning in the spice aisle for a pork tenderloin recipe, and I'm glad to be finding other ways to use it!

Time to Eat! said...

You can buy Greek Seasoning most places, McCormick and Penzey's both make it. If you can't find it, Italian Seasoning works really well too. Enjoy!