Sunday, November 1, 2009

Roasted curried cauliflower and grilled shrimp



When I'm organized I like to do a lot of prep cooking on Sunday. Today was one of those days. While my girls sit happily on the couch, I made 2 C. servings of the following:

lentils
quinoa
Trader Joe's mixed grains (Israeli couscous, quinoa, orzo, etc...)

They are all basically the same to cook. Boil water and "Better than bouillon", a little olive oil and cook respective grains. The lentils take the longest, the quinoa the shortest and the TJ's mixed are somewhere in between.

While those cook, I made a roasted curried cauliflower which could not be any easier.

Preheat oven to 425. Line a cookie sheet with a Silpat mat or aluminum foil. Wash cauliflower and bread into florets. Place cauliflower on cookie sheet and drizzle with olive oil, a few pinches of kosher salt and a teaspoon of curry powder.

Bake for 15 minutes, turning the cauliflower once so it browns evenly.

I didn't know if my kids would eat this, but they LOVE it! It's not overly curried and has a nice rich flavor.

We are also having grilled shrimp.

Here's my recipe for shrimp:

Defrost peeled and cleaned uncooked shrimp in a bowl of warm water. Pinch tails off of shrimp. Add 2 tsp. of olive oil and the juice from 1 lemon and 1 cube of frozen garlic or 1 cube of fresh minced garlic. Toss to coat and grill on a HOT grill for 2 minutes per side.

YUMMY!

1 comment:

als said...
This comment has been removed by the author.