Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Garlicky sauteed broccoli


I really did NOT want to cook tonight, however really wanted some broccoli for dinner. The solution? Prepared black bean soup from Trader Joe's and quick sauteed broccoli.

Here's my recipe for a delicious and very fast side way to prepare broccoli.

1 Tbs. olive oil
4 C. broccoli florets
8 oz. chicken stock
2 cubes frozen garlic
1 tsp. soy sauce
toasted sesame seeds

Heat a large nonstick pan on high heat and add olive oil. When oil shimmers, add rinsed broccoli florets and chicken stock. Stir to combine and add frozen garlic. Continue cooking until most of the liquid has evaporated and broccoli is bright green.

Remove from heat and add a drizzle of soy sauce and sesame seeds (optional).

The kids don't like the seeds, so I add them to my bowl.

1 comment:

eastcoastmom said...

This sound like something I would love! And maybe I can get the kids to try a version of your chicken pot pie.

Really like your recipes.