Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Dinner swap


This is the beginning of everyone's busy season and my friend suggested we do a dinner swap one night. I love this idea and wanted to try to get a few friends together so we could share a couple of meals and cut down a little cooking.

Here is the recipe I am going to make tomorrow for my family and hers. This dish also freezes well.

Preheat oven to 425. Rinse 6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts. Add the juice from 1 lemon, about 2 tbs. of olive oil, 2 tbs. of Dijon mustard, 1/2 C. of water, and a good pinch of kosher salt and pepper. Roast chicken thighs until cooked through, about 18 minutes.

While the chicken cooks, prepare rice pilaf according to the box. I really like the Near East brand, it's delicious and always fluffy.

When the rice is cooked through, add in 1 bag of Trader Joe's Soycottash and stir to combine.

When the chicken is cooked through, cut into slices lengthwise.

I am going to give this to her in a casserole pan. Layer the rice on the bottom of the pan and add the chicken slices with the pan juices on top. This way, she can either serve the whole thing to her family, or freeze it into 4 individual servings.

I'd love to hear if you are doing any dinner swaps and have a recipe to share.

I did a soup swap once and it was FANTASTIC!! Give it a try.

No comments: