Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Creamy chicken with carrots


Thanksgiving is tomorrow and I can hardly wait! I have to admit that the Thanksgiving meal is my favorite meal of all the holidays. We are going to a friends house and I spent a good part of today baking and cooking.

I wanted to have something for dinner tonight that was easy and could be made way ahead of time.

Rinse 4 boneless, skinless chicken thighs.

Heat 1 tbs. olive oil in a large nonstick pan with a lid. While the oil heats, season chicken with Greek seasoning, kosher salt and pepper. Add chicken to the pan and brown both sides for 3 minutes per side. While the chicken browns, slice 4 carrots and add to the pan. I had about 5 cloves of garlic which I sliced in half and added to the pan as well. If you have any onions, thinly slice and add those too.

After the chicken has browned, add in 1 c. light cream, 1 C. chicken stock, and the juice from a lemon. Stir everything around, lower the heat to medium low, simmer and cover for at least 40 minutes. We turned the heat way down and let it cook on low for a couple hours.

The chicken was so tender and flavorful, we all enjoyed dinner, even the kids didn't make a peep and ate all of it.

Happy Thanksgiving.

No comments: