Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Thai sweet chili pork salad in lettuce cups


As most of you know I am a hugh fan of Thai food- I love the combinations of sweet and salty.  Last nights dinner was inspired by the traditional fresh Thai spring rolls.  Instead of using rice paper for the rolls, I used crisp Romaine leaves.  I had some leftover pork that I had roasted, but this dish would work beautifully with cooked chicken, shrimp, tempeh or extra firm tofu, just slice it thinly.

Here are the ingredients for the salad:
1 C. purple cabbage
1/4 C. scallions, thinly sliced
1/2 C. red pepper, thinly sliced
1/4 C. cilantro leaves, chopped
juice from 1 lime
1 tsp. fish sauce
2 Tbs. Thai sweet chili sauce
Shiracha (optional)

Combine all ingredients in a bowl and toss to coat.  Add pork and add to lettuce leaves before serving.




No comments: