Friday, November 12, 2010

Chinese chicken salad




I've been wanting Chinese chicken salad for about a week now and although it's the "wrong" season for salads, I decided to make it today. I knew it was going to make a lot, so I invited my friend over to join me.

The thing I love about salads is you really can add in whatever you have and make it work!

Here's my delicious recipe for Chinese chicken salad:

Salad
1 C. cooked shredded or diced chicken
2 C. shredded cabbage
2 C. romaine lettuce
1/2 C. chopped snap or snow peas
1 C. chopped cilantro
1 C. chopped celery
1 C. shredded carrots
1 C. thinly sliced red pepper
1/2 C. diced scallions (white and green parts)
1 C. mandarin oranges
1/2 C. toasted sliced almonds
1/2 C. fried lo mein noodles, ( I didn't have any so I crumbled up a package of Ramen noodles and threw that in instead)

Combine all salad ingredients in a large bowl and toss to combine.

Dressing:
juice from 1 lime
1/4 C. rice wine vinegar
1/2 C. toasted sesame oil
1/4 C. soy sauce
pinch of sugar
1 cube of frozen ginger

Combine all dressing ingredients in a leftover jam jar with a lid, shake vigorously until combined.

This salad was really a snap to make and feeds at least 6 for lunch.

No comments: