Monday, March 8, 2010

Grilled shrimp on the barbie...


It was the first really nice day we've had here since last fall and I was ready for fire up the grill!

I defrosted about 30 large shrimp and marinated them in a bowl with:

The juice from 1 lemon
3 tbs. of olive oil
1 tsp. Italian Seasoning
pinch of kosher salt and pepper
2 cubes of frozen garlic

While the shrimp marinated for about 20 minutes, I preheated the grill to hot, cooked some rice on the stove, and roasted a head of cauliflower that I cut into florets with a simple drizzle of olive oil, and a liberal sprinkling of Seasoning Salt.

I cooked the cauliflower on a Silpat lined cookie sheet for about 15 minutes on 425.

I skewered the shrimp on 4 skewers and placed them on the grill when it was good and hot. I closed the lid, and cooked the shrimp for about 2 minutes per side, flipping once.

The mistake most people make when grilling shrimp and most food is that they don't let their grill heat up hot enough.

The shrimp had beautiful grill marks and were ready in 5 minutes.

I threw together a simple salad and we all enjoyed our dinner together.

No comments: