Monday, April 27, 2009

Update on the dumplings


I made the dumplings tonight (loosely) based on the recipe I posted the other night.

The dough was exactly the same as the dumplings we had at the restaurant, a little thicker than wonton wrappers and the kids loved them!

A friend of mine stopped by with her kids and told me that Indian bread and samosas are based on the same dough, basically water and flour. We stood together at the island and rolled out little balls of dough and filled them with the delicious filling of ground beef, napa cabbage, mushrooms, green onions and bamboo shoots. I cooked them in a bamboo steamer, but they could just as easily have been dropped into a pot of boiling water.

We are going to have another dumpling evening, but make extras to freeze.

I had lots of extra filling and froze it for future dumpling making. The filling would also be good for pot stickers or egg rolls.

No comments: