Wednesday, June 11, 2008

chili powder and lime grilled corn


I picked up some delicious corn at the market today, in fact my little one ate it raw as we strolled through the aisles.

I boiled a few ears for the kids and after they were boiled, I threw them on the grill on high heat for about 5 minutes turning them a couple times.

While they grilled, I melted some butter, a pinch of cumin and about a tablespoon of chili powder. I rubbed this mixture over the corn. When the corn were ready ( the kernels become brown, but NOT charred) I removed the corn and squeezed a little fresh lime juice over the top with a pinch of salt before serving.

They were delicious and my older daughter even asked for a taste!

Try it with some of your local corn.

1 comment:

Gina said...

Nicole,

I've made something like this before, but I add some crumbled queso fresco on top. Delicious!

Gina